Top Down Seamless Set-in Sleeves!
6 hour workshop with designer Kate Oates
Saturday March 23 2024 9AM-3PM
$150 (includes pattern and workbook)
This construction method is needles-down the most flattering, classic, tailored fit out there for pretty much all body types. Knitters will choose between most of Kate’s patterns featuring this construction method to use in class (and hopefully beyond!). We will begin by taking your personal measurements and discussing how to choose the appropriate size, as my recommendations for this style differ slightly from other garment construction methods. Getting started is the challenging part, so in class we will knit the Shoulder Tabs and get your sweater all joined up so that you can move forward with confidence in the rest of your project.
Instruction will be provided for
Provisional CO, Cable CO, Picking up stitches along with 3 different styles of Short Row Shaping. Pattern Options include: Little White Cardi, Naveen, Julie Twist, Whimsy, Perfect Tee, and Fierce.
● Cast on
● Basic increasing & decreasing
● Knitting & Purling
● Workbook & Pattern (included); students will fill out a form no later than 1 week prior to class so that Kate can bring a printed version of their pattern selection to class
● Basic calculator (or your smart phone)
● Pencil & scrap paper
● Knitters tools: scissors, darning needle, measuring tape, stitch
markers (minimum of 10 including at least 2 distinguishable markers), removable stitch markers if desired for tracking short row shaping
● All materials required to knit the pattern of your choice including project yarn (or scrap yarn if you prefer not to move forward with your sweater after class), needles*, scrap yarn, crochet hook
*Note: Flexible, slick needles are recommended and having additional set(s) of your working needles (in any length) on hand is not required but may make for a smoother transition. I use my shortest tip needles with an extra long cord to use a single set of needles for this process.
Each knitter should swatch for their sweater choice as many times as it takes to achieve pattern gauge. We will not be making gauge adjustments in this course. Swatching instructions will be provided in the PDF for distribution.
All yarn must be purchased at Do Ewe Knit.
NO REFUNDS NO EXCEPTIONS